If you are unable to fill out a Traffic Damage Detection Report for some reasons, you should do the following:
- You must call the traffic police, get an accident record and get an alcohol report without changing the position of the vehicle at the site of the accident.
- If the location of the accident is within the gendarmerie boundaries, you must give the statement to the nearest gendarmerie station and make an eyewitness report.
- If another vehicle is involved in the accident, you should obtain a photocopy of the traffic policy for that vehicle and a copy of the driver’s license.
- If the vehicle is not running and your insurance policy has assistance, you should call the assistance company for the tow truck.
Notification of Damage in Traffic Accident – After A Car Accident
Wherever possible, vehicles should be photographed from different angles before being picked up from the accident site.
A copy of the minutes together with the photographs is sent to the insurance company that issued the traffic insurance policy of the other party or your vehicle. Or, if the insurance policy will be claimed, documents must be sent to the insurance company that issued the insurance policy of your vehicle.
After the accident, you must have your vehicle contracted or taken to an authorized workshop. You must prepare the following documents in order to report the damage.
- Policy photocopy,
- Accident Detection Record,
- Alcohol report,
- Expression reports, witness determination report,
- Driver’s license and registration document photocopy,
- Photos of damage,
- Official documents to be taken from the bank in pledged and mortgaged vehicles.
Importance of Car Insurance in Traffic Accident Circumstances
If your car does not have insurance and traffic insurance at the time of the accident, you may have to bear a substantial cost. Thanks to the traffic insurance, you can secure your own vehicle with insurance while the expenses of the other party and third parties are covered.
Did you know that you can get automobile insurance and traffic insurance online? You can get your car insurances in 2 minutes from the internet and you can find the best one for your budget by comparing the offers. You can get help from insurance experts by calling your insurance company for insurance offers and traffic insurance offers.